This is a very suggestive tour which will give us opportunity to admire the towns of Taormina and Castelmola from unconventional perspective. This naturalistic itinerary will lead us to discover and to admire breathtaking landscapes, unique and different from those usually known of one of the most internationally renowned Sicilian tourist centers. Along the way, immersed in a feast of scents and colors, typical of the Mediterranean scrub, we will appreciate the beautiful views of Etna, the Alcantara valley, the Strait of Messina and the rugged forms of the Peloritan landscape.
- The walk will start in the historic center of Taormina. From here, through the Saracens’ path, we will begin the hike up to Castelmola. Along a pleasant and suggestive path, we will retrace the history and traditions of those extraordinary places and their inhabitants. Once we reach Castelmola, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, called the terrace on the Ionian coast, we will enter the labyrinthine alleys of the small town.
- Here we will have the opportunity to make a short stop, enjoy the magnificent views, visit the ruins of the medieval castle, sip a good coffee and almond wine or traditional Sicilian granita in the characteristic Bar Turrisi.
- We will go down to Taormina from the northern side admiring the scenery stretching out in front of us – the spectacular panorama of the Stretto di Messina (Messina Strait) and the antic Greek Theatre.
- After that we will walk along the main street of Taormina, getting to know its most important monuments.
- This is not a typical sightseeing tour. In addition to the historical part, we will also learn about the naturalistic aspects of the territory.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES, COMFORTABLE CLOTHING, WINDPROOF JACKET, SUN HAT, WATER
NOTE: WALKING REQUIRES GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION, ESPECIALLY ON HOT DAYS. THIS TOUR IS NOT ADAPTED FOR SMALL KIDS.
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: EASY/MEDIUM
- DURATION: 6/7 HOURS
- WALKING DISTANCE: 7/8 KILOMETERS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:30/9:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA/TAORMINA
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €65,00 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM OTHER TOWNS IS POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED TOURIST GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- HIKING POLES