During the tour we will visit Etna from its southern side. We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. Then we will look inside the lava cave. We encounter many ancient and recent flows of solidified lava along the way. We will also have the opportunity to taste local honey, flavored olive oil, wine and other local delicacies. During the tour we will get to know a lot of interesting facts about Mount Etna and volcanic phenomena as well as history and anecdotes referring to the territory dominated by the highest active volcano in Europe.
Then we will head towards Taormina, where during about a two-hour walk you will be able to visit the most important monuments of the picturesque town called also the Pearl of the Ionian Sea.
- A tour suitable for everyone
- Duration: 7/8 hours
- Cost € 75.00 minimum 2 participants (possible discounts for groups)
- Children up to 13 years 50% discount
- The price does not include any admission fees and the service of authorised tourist guide in Taormina
- Pick up from the hotel (Catania)
- It is possible to leave the towns outside of Catania for an additional fee
- Departure from the hotel at 9:00
- Required sports footwear, jacket and water
- Info & booking email@example.com or +393284375138