During this full-day tour we will visit Vulcano, one of seven Aeolian Islands, UNESCO World Heritage site. We will climb to the top of the Gran Cratere della Fossa smelling the intense Sulphur dioxide odor. During the hike we will admire the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding sea with picturesquely situated neighbouring Aeolian Islands.
- A trip to the island of Vulcano is an unforgettable experience. We depart from Catania or Taormina around 6 am. The tour will start with a short hydrofoil cruise from the port of Milazzo.
- Then we will climb to the top of the crater, smoking with volcanic gases.
- During the walk of 8 kilometers, we will admire the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding sea with picturesquely situated neighbouring Aeolian Islands.
- We will learn about amazing stories and myths as well as interesting curiosities in the field of volcanology and geology.
- After that we will stop for a lunch and try one of the Aeolian culinary specialties – ‘pane cunzato’.
- Then, we will immerse ourselves in the volcanic mud with beneficial properties and relax on the black sand warm beach.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, SWIMMING SUIT, TOWEL, SUN HAT, SUN PROTECTION, WATER MIN. 1,5 LITER
NOTE: THIS EXCURSION, GIVEN THE HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE SUMMER IS RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE IN A STATE OF GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH. NOT ADAPTED FOR SMALL KIDS.
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- DURATION: 10/12 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 6:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA/TAORMINA
- ALTITUDE: 0 – 500 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- ADULT: €150,00
- CHILD 9 – 12 YRS: €110,00
- TRANSFER FROM OTHER TOWNS IS POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA OR TAORMINA (MAZZARO’)
- HYDROFIL TICKET
- HIKING POLES