Etna Wine Tour & Lunch combines two natural aspects linked together: the charm of the volcanic territory and its fruits expertly cultivated by local populations. We will visit Etna stopping for short walks, in order to appreciate places of great naturalistic interest within the Etna Park and then we will head to a renowned winery located on the slopes of the volcano where we will eat delicious meal, drink good wine and listen to the stories about Sicily and Sicilians.
- We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will also have a chance to see a majestic Valle del Bove (Ox Valley) a huge natural amphitheater that covers almost the entire eastern flank of the volcano.
- We will encounter many ancient and recent flows of solidified lava and pyroclastic material and learn about different examples of particular endemic flora along the way.
- During the trip, we will get to know a lot of interesting facts about Mount Etna and volcanic phenomena, as well as history and anecdotes referring to the territory dominated by the highest active volcano in Europe.
- Later, we will enjoy a guided tour of winery located on the slopes of Etna and taste delicious Sicilian wines explained by a professional sommelier. We will also treat our taste buds to lunch prepared only from typical local products.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, WATER
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- DURATION: 7/8 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:30/9:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 2000 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €95,00 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS IS POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- LUNCH AND WINE TASTIG
- GUIDED WINERY VISIT
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- HIKING POLES
- BABY SEAT ON REQUEST