Etna & Taormina tour will allow us to visit in the same day the most interesting aspects of volcano Etna and the famous town of Taormina. During the excursion we will move by minivan or SUV car and we will be stopping for short walks, in order to appreciate places of great naturalistic interest within the Etna Park. After exploring Etna we will drive for about 45 minutes to get to the picturesque Taormina where you can visit on your own the most important monuments of the town.
- We will admire Etna’s old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will also have a chance to see a majestic Valle del Bove (Ox Valley) a huge natural amphitheater that covers almost the entire eastern flank of the volcano.
- We will encounter many ancient and recent flows of solidified lava and pyroclastic material and learn about different examples of particular endemic flora along the way.
- We will stop for a short snack break, during which we will have the opportunity to taste some Sicilian delicacies.
- Then we will head towards Taormina the picturesque town called also ‘the pearl of the Ionian Sea’. Here during about a two-hour free walk you will have a chance to visit the most important monuments of the town including the Greek Theatre, Cathedral, Public Gardens (Villa Comunale) and many other charming nooks of Taormina.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, WATER
NOTE: THE VISIT OF TAORMINA DOESN’T INCLUDE A CITY GUIDE SERVICE. YOU WILL BE FREE TO DISCOVER THE TOWN ON YOUR OWN.
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- DURATION: 7/8 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:30/9:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 2000 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €80,00 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS IS POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- HIKING POLES
- BABY SEAT ON REQUEST