Etna Sunset Experience is one of the most suggestive summer tours. During this excursion we will visit beautiful and interesting places on Etna while enjoying the fresh evening air and stunning sunset colors. We will move by minivan or SUV car. We start from your accommodation in Catania or nearby area in the early afternoon and then will visit Etna stopping for short walks, in order to appreciate places of great naturalistic interest within the Etna Park.
- We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will also have a chance to see a majestic Valle del Bove (Ox Valley) – a huge natural amphitheater that covers almost the entire eastern flank of the volcano.
- We will encounter many ancient and recent flows of solidified lava and pyroclastic material and learn about different examples of particular endemic flora along the way.
- We will stop for a snack break, during which we will have the opportunity to taste some Sicilian delicacies while admiring breathtaking colors of sunset on Etna.
- During the trip, we will get to know a lot of interesting facts about Mount Etna and volcanic phenomena, as well as history and anecdotes referring to the territory dominated by the highest active volcano in Europe.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, WATER
- PERIOD: JUNE TO SEPTEMBER
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- DURATION: 5/6 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 2:30/3:00 PM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 2000 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €60 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS – POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- HIKING POLES
- BABY SEAT ON REQUEST