This tour is perfect for guests who don’t like to walk for long distances but don’t want to renounce seeing the summit active craters of Etna volcano from close distance. Etna 3000 tour is an integration to the basic tourist service offered by the Etna cableway (Funivia dell’Etna) that allows you to easily ascend from 2000 meters to the base of the summit craters of the Etna – UNESCO World Heritage volcano.
- We start the tour from your accommodation in Catania or a meeting point located nearby and we will move by minivan or SUV car.
- Then from the Rifugio Sapienza area we will take a cable car and special off road track (unimog) to get to the height of 2900 meters. Here we will take a 40 minutes easy walk with the assistance of alpine guides obligatory for security reasons. We will admire Crateri Barbagallo – craters from the eruption of 2002 and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania as well as the majestic Valle del Bove (Ox Valley) – a huge natural amphitheater that covers almost the entire eastern flank of the volcano.
- After that we will stop for a short snack break, during which we will have the opportunity to taste some Sicilian delicacies.
- Then equipped with torches and helmets we will experience the thrill of descending into a lava tube to admire a unique spectacle literally inside the volcano.
- During the tour I will tell you a lot of interesting facts about Mount Etna and volcanic phenomena, as well as history and anecdotes referring to the territory dominated by the highest active volcano in Europe.
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES (BOOTS IN THE WINTER) AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF WARM JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, HAT, WATER. THERE’S A POSSIBILITY TO RENT A WARM JACKET & BOOTS.
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- DURATION: 6/7 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:00/8:30 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 3000 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- ADULT: €120,00
- CHILD 4 – 12 YRS: €85,00
- INFANT 0 – 3 YRS: €20,00
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS – POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- CABLE CAR & JEEP UNIMOG TICKET
- ALPINE GUIDE SERVICE
- HELMETS & TORCHES FOR CAVE VISIT
- HIKING POLES
- BABY SEAT ON REQUEST