Etna Hiking half day tour is suitable for those who prefer to avoid traditional tourist routes to discover a wilder side of the volcano. During the tour we will hike for about 7/9 kilometers (3/4 hours). We will follow the trail leading to the spectacular panoramic point from which we can admire the breathtaking landscape of the Ox Valley (Valle del Bove).
- We start the tour hiking along the trail that is one of the most easily accessible routes leading to the viewpoint of the majestic Valle del Bove.
- This beautiful trekking trail will give us a possibility to discover various aspects of Mount Etna and enjoy non touristic places on the volcano. We will see different forms of solidified lava and pyroclastic material and we will get to know about endemic vegetation of Etna. We will observe the great contrasts of volcanic scenery walking through forests as well as lunar like areas.
- As we reach the final part of the trail we will see landscapes rewarding all efforts of the hike!
YOU SHOULD BRING: HIKING SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, SUN HAT, WATER MIN. 1,5 LITER, BAG LUNCH. THERE’S A POSSIBILITY TO RENT A HIKING BOOTS
NOTE: THIS TOUR IS SUITABLE FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN GOOD HEALTH AND USED TO WALKING. NOT ADAPTED FOR SMALL KIDS.
- PERIOD: ALL YEAR
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- DURATION: 5/6 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:30/9:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 2200 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €55,00 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS – POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM YOUR ACCOMMODATION IN CATANIA
- HIKING POLES