This tour will give us a chance to visit in the same day the most interesting aspects of volcano Etna and the famous Gorges of Alcantara river. During the excursion we will move by minivan or SUV car from your accommodation or nearby area. We will be stopping for short walks, in order to appreciate places of great naturalistic interest within the Etna Park and Park of Alcantara River.
- We will admire its old, extinct craters at an altitude of 2000 meters and amazing views of the Ionian Coast, from Taormina to Catania. We will also have a chance to see a majestic Valle del Bove (Ox Valley) a huge natural amphitheater that covers almost the entire eastern flank of the volcano.
- We will encounter many ancient and recent flows of solidified lava and pyroclastic material and learn about different examples of particular endemic flora along the way.
- We will stop for a short snack break, during which we will have the opportunity to taste some Sicilian delicacies.
- After that we will drive for around 45 minutes to the Park of Alcantara River (Parco Fluviale dell’Alcantara) where we will admire curious forms of basalt walls creating famous canyon called Gorges of Alcantara. We will stroll together inside the cool water and who is brave enough can even dive into the icy river!
YOU SHOULD BRING: SPORT SHOES AND HIGH SOCKS, WATER SHOES, SWIMMING SUIT OR SHORTS, LIGHT TOWEL, WINDPROOF JACKET, SWEATSHIRT, WATER
- PERIOD: ALRIL – SEPTEMBER
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- DURATION: 7/8 HOURS
- DEPARTURE TIME: 8:30/9:00 AM
- DEPARTURE TOWN: CATANIA
- ALTITUDE: 500 – 2000 MSL
- LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, ITALIAN, POLISH
- €85,00 PER PERSON
- TRANSFER FROM TAORMINA OR OTHER TOWNS IS POSSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEE
- LICENSED HIKING GUIDE SERVICE
- TRANSFER FROM CATANIA
- TICKET FOR ACCESS TO THE ALCANTARA GORGES
- HIKING POLES
- BABY SEAT ON REQUEST