Take on an easy hiking trail which will let you discover some of the masterpieces of Sicilian naturalistic-archaeological sites where both countryside and the works of man triumph.
Begin the trip with a visit to the ancient city of Noto and the gorge of the Carosello river. Noto (Netus) was once the most powerful center of eastern Sicily and was razed to the ground in 1693 during a tragic earthquake.
Walk among the monumental ruins of the city surrounded by impressive walls, from which majestic remnants have been preserved.
Descend along the lush vegetation of the Carosello River gorge.
At the river’s edge admire an ancient watermill and numerous tanneries forged from limestone rocks. If the weather permits, we will refresh ourselves in the crystal lakes found along the trail.
In the afternoon, go through the streets of New Noto, the capital of the Sicilian Baroque, built a few kilometers away from the ruins of its ancient predecessor.
- Tour difficulty low
- Duration: 8 h
- Cost €85.00 minimum 2 participants (possible discounts for groups)
- Kids up to 13 yrs 50%
- Insurance included
- Pick up from the hotel (Catania)
- It is possible to leave the towns outside of Catania for an additional fee
- Departure from the hotel at 9:00
- Required sports footwear, jacket, swimsuit, water, snack lunch