Vendicari is one of the first nature reserves in Sicily, created in 1984. Especially the fans of ornithology will enjoy this trip, because there are various species of birds, including flamingos, living close to the sea coasts and around ancient salinas located in the reserve area. In Vendicari you can not only walk and observe birds, but also take a bath in the crystal sea heated by the hot southern sun. The reserve is beautiful at any time of the year, although the best time to visit it is spring, when the thyme blooms with its herbal fragrance, and numerous migrating birds fill up the swamp salinas. During the trip, we will also visit the ancient red tuna factory and the medieval defensive tower.
In the afternoon we will head towards the charming town of Noto, the capital of the Sicilian Baroque.
Optional visit to a local farm and degustation of traditional Sicilian products is possible at the cost of €20.00 per person.
- A tour of low difficulty
- Duration: 8 h
- Cost €70.00 minimum 2 participants, 5-8 participants €60.00
- Kids up to 13 yrs 50%
- Pick up from the hotel (Catania)
- It is possible to leave the towns outside of Catania for an additional fee
- Departure from the hotel at 9:00
- Required sports footwear, jacket, swimsuit, binoculars, water, snack lunch