During the trip, we will visit the ancient city of Noto and the gorge of the Carosello river. Noto (Netus) was once the most powerful center of eastern Sicily razed to the ground in 1693 during a tragic earthquake. Today you can walk among the monumental ruins of the city surrounded by impressive walls, from which majestic remnants have been preserved. Then we will descend along the lush vegetation of the Carosello River gorge. At the river’s edge we will admire an ancient water mill and numerous tanneries forged in limestone rocks. If the weather permits, we will refresh ourselves in the crystal lakes encountered along the trail.
In the afternoon we will go through the streets of the new Noto, the capital of the Sicilian Baroque, built a few kilometers from the ruins of its ancient predecessor.
Optional visit to a local farm and degustation of traditional Sicilian products is possible at the cost of €20.00 per person.
- Tour difficulty low
- Duration: 8 h
- Cost € 70.00 minimum 2 participants, 5-8 participants € 60.00
- Kids up to 13 yrs 50%
- Pick up from the hotel (Catania)
- It is possible to leave the towns outside of Catania for an additional fee
- Departure from the hotel at 9:00
- Required sports footwear, jacket, swimsuit, water, snack lunch